Watching Nature

Thursday, 16 July 2020

A busy day

Today I started with Cathy helping me to put the chook water tank into its new home and it is now full. Another day I will attach the chook waterer to it and all will be done with our Plumbing 101 assignment.


I will also need to plant some Maidenhair Fern, Clivea and Bromeliads at the overflow to use the water and create a bit of a break for the waterfall that occurs occasionally when the tank is very full.

Next came Bob and Ben the Tree Men who removed one of my palms, 3 of my neighbours palms and thinned out my Jacaranda. They also reduced the height of my 3 Callistemons to 2.5m to encourage them to bush out a bit rather than head for the sky.





I hope all this pruning will allow just a little more sun onto my solar system on my back roof but still provide enough shade on the lawn for playing under in summer.

All this work was finished by late lunch time so now I am taking a break and sorting some fabric for a new project I have in mind.

On Saturday my paths and back and front porches will be guerneyed so everything will look spick and span.

No comments:

Post a Comment