Watching Nature

Friday, 26 June 2020

A little rat proofing

During this week I have constructed a very wonky cobbled path out of half and broken bricks along one side of the new chook shed.



When I finished it this morning I planted some Mondo Grass in the larger gaps. This now means that I can walk to the handle (triangular hanging shape on the shed) that I use to shut their little door to the roosting box upstairs. I am really hoping the Mondo Grass wins from the chooks. If they pull it out I can rest a rock on each clump until it takes hold.

Next big job in my play corner is to level the area for the tank move. It will go beside the wonky path. I am really pushing to get all this work done in the cooler weather because I can't see me doing it once the heat of summer sets in.

I would still like to insert bricks under the rest of the perimeter of the chook shed to further deter rat entry. I have planted Mondo Grass on the other side and will watch there for vermin digging signs.

No comments:

Post a Comment