Watching Nature

Tuesday, 21 April 2020

I'm sick of working - time to relax

When eventually my internet came back on today I had two emails come through from Sydney Living Museums and the State Library of NSW who both gave links to online jigsaws appropriate to their collections. When you open them you can choose a suitable level for your ability (anywhere from 6-600 pieces).

Then each day Sarah Penicka-Smith is adding a singing lesson to her Sarah's Online Community YouTube channel. These are really good.

And for those who prefer to listen to a story I've added a few links on the RHS of this blog.

I've found a daily online Trivia set that I've been getting for years in a senior's newsletter but never tried so I'm enjoying doing that occasionally too.

I've also even tuned up my guitar and am hardening up my fingertips with a little practice each day.

What an opportunity to delve deeply into the joys of the internet - when it actually works.

Yesterday's task was the vege garden - spreading some sugar cane mulch and setting up a timer and dripper hose from my water tanks. According to what I read none of the items I used will work with a low pressure water source. But guess what! They are working superbly. 








The chooks have reached the corner of the garage and are gradually making their way along the side.


Then as I was coming inside yesterday evening there was a magnificent rolled cloud in the sky. If only it would actually rain a bit.


Today's excitement was the delivery of my new egg cooker. I was really worried that my 40 year old one was actually going to short out through the pitted base.


It has all the bells and whistles and can boil eggs, poach eggs, cook an omelette and even steam vegetables. Amazing! 

No comments:

Post a Comment