This morning I decided to fill the green bin with the last of the mess up in the chook area that would not work well in my compost heap.
Some time later I ended up with a lovely clear yard and a small pile of rakings that the chooks will love in their new shed.
Then as I took this photo I was reminded that somehow I needed to move the concrete slabs that make the path as they were put in crooked before to lead to the door of the old chook shed. The new shed door will be roughly in line with the gate and the first half of the path (original when we bought the house in 1971).
So after much thought to work out the physics of how on little old lady could do it, fetching the crowbar and then huffing and blowing and dripping sweat, the first slab was moved across about 6" to line it up with the path. It was not quite as wide as the path so I have extended Cathy's wall to finish it off.
Now where are only 3 more slabs to move and one to remove completely. In all an excellent morning's work in the gardening time slot of my day.



No comments:
Post a Comment