Watching Nature

Monday, 16 March 2020

Coronovirus Quilting

Just so I don't go stir crazy with all sorts of things being cancelled I have found a few UFO things to do in my quilting studio.

I think I've been waiting since about 2007 to finish off a few more soap savers, having been shown them by Marion on one of her visits. They are really easy to do.



I have about 4 more ready to sew.

Then there were my tiny squares from Suzy in UK that I sewed together some months ago and used the technique as a show and tell. I now have 2 new pot mits for my kitchen at last and I have 2 more to sew then lots more with larger 1" squares from my leaders and enders. I'll try to get better at the binding before I do my last one.


What are you filling your time with during these long days? I also made some peach jam but I am going to have to reboil it because it did not set.

I'm getting lots of gardening done too especially as the weather is a bit more bearable and I have Cathy's help. Lots of weeding has created two huge piles waiting for green bin collections over the next few weeks.





Cathy and I were able to move the large pot of water chestnuts (and other water plants) to my new bath garden. I should be able to harvest them when the leaves die back.


No comments:

Post a Comment