Watching Nature

Wednesday, 26 February 2020

Albion Park Air Museum

Last week i joined a group of friends from church to visit the Air Museum at Albion Park. After a great train trip down with lots of time to chat we walked and walked and walked to find the museum because the road through from the station was blocked with roadworks.

Eventually we arrived just a little late and started our tour at the Qantas Jumbo. what an amazing feat to get it to the museum. I remember all they hype at the time.





Inside the museum I just loved the old car used to move steps to aircraft for the passengers to use.



Lots of planes but I was keen to see a Piper which was the console simulator I used to demonstrate while at UTS. I think that activity cured me of my airsickness.


We enjoyed a lovely lunch together in the little museum cafe before heading back to the station via a shortcut one of the staff led us to. Another chatty trip home then I decided to test out the bus from Hurstville to mine. It worked well except only runs every half hour and the bus I should have caught did not arrive. I waited for the next one like everyone else.

In all a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment