I hope you enjoy reading my reflections on food, travel, creativity, music, education, friends, family and the natural world.
Monday, 23 March 2020
Cathy's Wall
This morning as it was cool and pleasant outside I finished the little retaining wall Cathy and I started last Thursday. We have now decided to work apart for the duration and she will be doing some scanning for me. Today we organised Duo for communicating with each other.
This wall will hopefully stop the soil and water running off the little hill behind it and exposing the grapefruit roots.
We also re-hung the gate to the chook yard so now it does not scrape on the concrete and get stuck. And we have pruned all the passionfruit back and removed the dead bits from the arch. All now easily accessible and tidy.
Jen's mum gave me some dragon fruit cuttings and they are now planted with my new passionfruit and are watered with grey water from my washing machine. Cathy and I cleared the hose and made sure it is now working.
In this time of lock down I have enjoyed removing weeds from my gardens and clearing out all sorts of corners. Maybe I should stay home more often? Though I do not like the reason why I have to now.
Thank goodness the cool damp weather has coincided with this lock down so I do not have to say confined to the house all the time.
So many friends and family have now got Skype and Duo so I can communicate easily. Thank you all for your love and thoughtfulness.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)










No comments:
Post a Comment