Following the carport demolition it was obvious that I had some garden tidying to do. The beautiful grevillea so loved by the Rainbow Lorikeets needed to be pruned and the palm stump behind it was not working for growing orchids on. There was also an avocado tree to prune to let some light in to my grapefruit tree.
And eventually I had to take the last of the passionfruit of the vines that were left hanging when the carport came down. These have been enjoyed for breakfast as they have ripened.
Last week Geoff had a day off work put aside to visit his Aunty Janice who unfortunately died the day before our intended visit. So he brought his chainsaw and other tools to mine for an uninterrupted day in the garden. This meant lots and lots of green waste was generated.
I now have the 2 council green bins full and these two bins that we bought ages ago at Marulan and also 2 wheelbarrow loads of green waste. And more is being generated as I tidy the area further.
The two passionfruit vines needed a support so Stephanie came on another day to start the support structure and I finished it this morning. Of course then Stephanie and I spent the rest of the day playing with fabric upstairs.
Kerrie came to finish her quilt with me and it is now complete and she is really happy.
On Sunday afternoons I spent time helping Geoff construct and then move his new chookshed. It is now further complete than this pic shows as it has a roof.
Then of course, scattered in amongst all that I spent a lot of time searching for and scanning photos for Janice's funeral tomorrow and trying to contact all her cousins. My advice to all is to make contact with all your cousins and other extended family members now and keep a record of their current contact details.
No comments:
Post a Comment