A trip to Underhill by Geoff and Jen meant produce came back for dealing with. A very small harvest this year. This was all I got after they kept 4 quinces in exchange for 4 beautiful Pink Lady apples from a very small tree. They kept some to eat as well.
The Finger Lime in my garden is still producing.
Geoff's avocado is producing abundantly.
My seedling passionfruit plants are producing well after a good prune last year. It seems it flowers on new growth.
My pumpkins have finished so after harvesting another 4 Cathy and I stripped the pumpkins and tiny tomatoes out of that bed ready for a new planting.
My chooks have started laying again and the avocado tree next door is producing lovely avos that hang over my chook fence. As they are poisonous to chooks it is important that we collect them all. They will eventually ripen.
I now have an empty bed and will be planting butter beans and mulching. The compost has been added from my March compost bin.
Cathy and I emptied the March compost bin on the right ready to start filling it again.
We then cleaned out the chook nests and shed and put all the beautiful poo and scraps into the March compost. This will be added to this weekend with lawn clippings ready to start decomposing.
We had just enough time to discipline the clivea along the path to the chooks as it was becoming a bit of a trip hazard.
So that was yesterday. This morning I was up early to make a batch of Quince Paste from the recent Underhill quinces. All now ready for various parties and gifts. If you would like some just let me know.
Now it is time to make some progress with the jigsaw Stephanie and I started on Wednesday and rest my muscles.
What a lovely lot of produce. How good to get fresh avos. You are very organised with your compost bins. I think you definitely deserved a sit down with the jigsaw.
ReplyDelete