Watching Nature

Wednesday, 13 December 2023

Post Covid

 At last I am getting my energy back and achieving my average of 10000 steps a day. I can think too!

However, Ivy and Geoff both succumbed and Heather had some sort of cold/flu. Ivy is now better and Geoff recovering faster than the first time he had it. 

I had a call from Rauri last night to say he has it. I had postponed my visit to his party so I did not spread it to him but he had to cancel the party anyway because Janice got it the night before and now he has it too.

Geoff and Jen now have a new home but will not be able to move in until mid January so Christmas preparations are happening here while Geoff and Jen still continue their online working in various nooks and crannies around the home.


Holly (the Elf on the Shelf) finds interesting places around the house to hide each night as she wanders and explores.


Making a Christmas Tree from a box of toilet paper from Who Gives a Crap was fun for all.


Before he was too sick to do so Geoff cut down a few awkward banana plants that had huge bunches on them. This one was completely green when he cut it but within a week I had to start drying them because they all ripened at once. Now we have 3 jars of delicious dried banana and still more to eat.

Now that I have recovered (I sang all Sunday morning without too many issues voice wise) I am playing catch-up with Christmas preparations so yesterday made the first batch of mini Christmas cakes for various occasions. I've had to freeze them to avoid the hot humid weather and mould that comes with it.

At least I have two little helpers whenever I have jobs to be done and a roster that helps us know who is on duty for the many chores around the house.

I found a great article about Christmas lights and share it here

Because of the renos I do not have very much jam for gifts this Christmas and I've not been sewing either both of which I like to do for Christmas. Never mind, there is always next year I hope.

2 comments:

  1. another great comment from Mum........lol
    Wow that is the most wonderful news that they have found a place and an end date is in sight.............while its lovely to have them around it will be great to have your own renovated space back to yourself.............
    Bugger they got covid also........

    ReplyDelete