Watching Nature

Thursday, 28 December 2023

2023 is drawing to a close

 After everyone was over their Covid the activities of Christmas started in ernest.

Our monthly breakfasts with the playgroup mums (and a dad) saw us all present.


I had a nasty tree root that was causing issues in the lawn so that was removed.



Decorations were put up at the allotted time. The girls had such fun.


I joined my friend Kerrie and her friends on a guided tour of the QVB which was most enjoyable. 


Family cooking for Christmas was an activity enjoyed by all.



After Christmas lunch hosted by Ellen and family then lots of singing at 3 church services on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day (one of which had 12 pieces of music our choir sang) then a visit to Mum to share some Christmas cake I went into the church to do a bit of music and robe tidying up with Lynette.


With all this rain the garden is doing really well and so far we've seen a Blue Tongued Lizard, an Australian Blue Banded Bee and a Fiery Skimmer dragon fly (see pic below). The tail is brilliant red and the rest is black. I hadn't seen the Blue Tongue or the Blue Banded Bee for some years.


So now we are about to head into 2024. I hope the year is full of joy and fun for you all.

Happy New Year!


1 comment: