Watching Nature

Monday, 6 November 2023

Kitchen Renos #19 - Start of Week 7 and very smelly

 It is now the start of Week 7 and the smell is strong as the painter has been here since Friday. This is his 4th day of 12 hour shifts.

Before this could happen there were lots of builders, plumbers, electricians trying to get everything ready to paint.

Theo installing skirting boards.

Working with the taps and dishwasher

I had to cancel quilting because we could not safely go upstairs.

Now that my lights work is is quite bright in my kitchen.

Rick varnishing the architraves and skirtings. When the painter arrived he had to remove my blue door which means all the smell and dust comes into the front of the house. It now lives in the loungroom...



The pantry waiting for its shelves.

I had been told I could move back into the back room but that was a lie. Everything is again covered in dust because the painter does a lot of sanding and blows it off with a mini blower. This takes it all over the house.


Both carports are now full of pantry shelves with varnish drying.


Unfortunately the builders left the garage door  open all day and a cat took up residence. Stephanie and I spent about half an hour yesterday trying to evict it. Eventual success. Now the door is locked so it does not get back in.

I will be pleased to see the last of the piles of rubbish and get on with cleaning my bricks and saving the lawn from complete destruction.

I think it is the downhill run and look forward to Geoff et al moving in on Friday. Will we have a workable kitchen?

No comments:

Post a Comment