Watching Nature

Thursday, 27 July 2023

More rat wars

 This morning Cathy and I finished our war on rats and put down some rat bait. We found under the excavated soil there were very deep holes to fill.

We started from this.

It was such a squishy space to work in that I started at one end and Cathy took the soil out and handed in tiles and bricks from the other.




Once we had laid down all the wire mesh I was able to walk in sideways and squash it down so it was at the correct level. 


We have left it all clear so that we can see what happens as the rats find the barriers.


At the end we were both exhausted but after a drink we tackled the side of the chook shed to clear dirt off the brick path we had laid there when we first built the shed some years ago. All is now done for a few years anyway we hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment