Watching Nature

Tuesday, 25 July 2023

Giving Marie Kondo a run for her money

 Today I visited Stephanie and once we had walked to a few hardware shops for things I needed (like rat poison) we started sorting some of her bolts of fabric and bringing them upstairs.

Stephanie cleared and washed two cupboard shelves then we both started unwinding bolts of fabric. The cardboard centres seemed to be taking up an awful lot of cupboard space so we worked out how to fold them to condense the problem.


There are now two shelves of neatly folded fabrics - some as long pieces (large yardage) and others as shorter pieces (smaller pieces up to 2m long).

These were some of the cardboard bolts 
that the fabric was rolled around - lots of space
saved by removing these.

My yellow bin is now full of cardboard and I still have some for next time the bin goes out.

I don't think Stephanie has any more bolts of fabric to sort!

No comments:

Post a Comment