Watching Nature

Tuesday, 6 June 2023

On the Road again - Birdsville trip - Day 18

 A happy crowd left Tamworth on our last day heading back to Sydney and thence home.


Lyndall was out on the footpath ready to wave us goodbye as she was already home.


Soon we were travelling through the farmland scattered at the base of the ranges.


Then the horse lands around Scone.


We struck roadworks in one section and stopped at Blandford for a toilet stop. 

Lunch was at Muswellbrook where we had time to wander the town and buy our own.

Then we knew the big smoke was coming soon as we passed the Liddell mountains of mine waste. 

Then the motorway guided us into Sydney. The traffic was not too bad and the journey was as fast as could be expected. A few drop-offs in the Northern Suburbs then a stop at Central Station to drop-off more travellers and for a toilet stop for those going further. Fiona, Cheryl and I were delivered to the airport then there were just four people left with the coach to take them and it home to the Blue Mountains.

The trip was amazing and I'd do it all again if I could. I love being out where I can see horizon. I think the only complaints I'd have would be too much food with 2 x 2 course meals most days, not enough time at Coward Springs and a cranky lady at Marree. Apart from that it was fabulous and now I can understand Surrey's love of travelling in that part of Australia.

Thank you to Michael (coach driver), Erika and Steve (our leaders), Kerrie for being my travel companion and sharing so much with me, and all the other travellers for making my holiday so great.

No comments:

Post a Comment