Since my return to Sydney I've experience highs and lows. I booked into a Sydney Hotel for the duration of Chorus Oz when we spent the weekend in the Opera House work-shopping Mahler's 8th then performing it on Sunday night. Elaine came to share the hotel room and spent her time as a tourist in Sydney and wearing out her knee.
Because I was unsure of a tickly throat I wore a mask for the weekend but the tickles did not seem to go anywhere.
I've now packed up the one dinner set I don't use but would like to keep and will be sending off all the violet set which is an eclectic collection of crockery with violet design on them in various stages of fading due to daily dishwasher cleaning. I loved them for almost 50 years but am now using my Botanic Gardens set and I love that and it can go in the dishwasher! So goodbye violets, you'll be limited to my garden or maybe in a vase.
I still have the tickly cough so am now in lock down until that goes so that I can enjoy celebrating Mum's 100th birthday next week without giving her any infection.
I will continue downsizing the 'kitchen' stuff and storing it away so I can have the renovations done, hopefully before Christmas.
For a bit of R&R every now and then I've been progressing with my next quilt and now have it all together ready for a border.






Read. Mum
ReplyDelete