Watching Nature

Sunday, 29 May 2022

Zoom Patchwork Group

I am in isolation to prepare for my cataract op on Thursday this week. However all is not lost because Zoom is here...

I found a blog online that mentioned a zoom patchwork group that meets regularly online. They include a lot of AUS country ladies who are isolated and have all met via blogs or at retreats over the years. They were also from NZ, Canada, USA, WA, Norway, Germany. I can't remember where else.

I had such fun. It started at 6am and people just came and went during the day as household duties, meals and daylight hours suited them. I eventually got the link at about 7am after some trouble with zoom invitations not arriving, and I stayed on until about 5pm. All the time we were all working on our own projects and coming and going as we had to, or putting ourselves on mute while we used our sewing machines (they can be noisy). I even met a lady in Jeanette's patchwork group at Dongara.

I worked on my Peaches and Cream doily quilt and have made great inroads into that project. I have even started joining blocks together and hope to do more of that today as I am in isolation prior to my op on Thursday.


What a day I had. I was exhausted when we finished but so elated. 

No comments:

Post a Comment