Watching Nature

Wednesday, 8 January 2020

Days 7 and 8 Gerroa and home at last

Monday 6 January 2020

I slept in this morning as did everyone except Elaine.

At least today we felt like having a swim and enjoyed a while at the beach surfing and writing in the sand. Ivy's foot has healed remarkably well.


I took a bit of a walk along the river front and found a beautiful little Wandering Dew. I have brought some home to Sydney and hope it grows.


Lots of time was spent on jigsaw and entertaining kids. The jigsaw did not get finished. It is a really poor out of focus photo which makes it very hard to do. I've left it at the house for others. Good luck.


In the evening Elaine and I took Ivy to the playground where I recognised Bron from St Cuthberts years ago with her son Angus and her grandson. It was good to catch up on news. She and Dane now live in Tassie and are up at their house at Gerroa for a few weeks holiday.

After dinner Geoff took Ivy fishing and they actually caught a tiny Whiting. Lots of excitement and fun but she did not want to touch it. It was too small to keep.




While I was photographing Ivy and Geoff I noticed all the tiny black bugs that were biting me. The bites came up in quite large welts the size of a 20c piece and I have quite a few.

Home again to pack a few things in the car before bed.

Tuesday 7 January 2020

We were up and breakfasted quite quickly and left for Sydney by about 8am with much disappointment, especially from the girls.

A reasonable trip back in the cool of the morning then I faced a day of washing, sorting, delivering the bikes to the girls and having my filthy car washed. Now a few days to sort and settle after Christmas and holidays before the year truly gets underway next week.

Another great week at Gerroa.

No comments:

Post a Comment