This is the last week of my time with Ruby as the family get back on Saturday. We are both still alive.
My first job this week was to cut a heap of scraps into squares or store as strips but before I did that I tested out my new little craft iron bought some time back to flatten the very crushed scraps that were donated to me.
Then I had to write instructions for our Rainbow group's next block. Elaine came over and we discussed ways it could be done and it is now ready to post out to everyone.
Then there were all the aboriginal artifacts to post off to the Central Land Council is Alice Springs to package up. They had expressed an interest in some of the items Surrey had collected when botanising in Central Australia since the 1960s.
I went to get my covid jab yesterday then wondered why I spent the afternoon just sitting at the back window. I was really tired. No other reaction though.
Once all the scraps were ironed I sat at the dining table cutting the squares while watching TV on my laptop. Having finished Clarkson's Farm I then started Young Sherlock and have been enjoying that. I thought Ellen and Pete might enjoy the background image that appeared on my laptop yesterday.
Today I went to my exercise class and met a new member who is a mad quilter. She invited me to hers on my way back to my car after our light lunch at the club. She has been trying out folded hexies which look like fun.
Tomorrow Cathy and I will be gardening and filling my green bins yet again then I hope to have time with Stephanie in the afternoon.
No comments:
Post a Comment