Watching Nature

Friday, 10 July 2026

Ruby and my Clayton's retreat - week 2

 Ruby and I are now all alone and coping very well with both our health issues. My BP seems to have stabilised and my secret women's business health issues are less of a worry.

Ruby has taken up residence at the back window and protects me from all the birds she sees outside. At night she seems quite bewildered by the dark and shadows and the noises as we do our little walks.


My second jig saw progressed quite easily until I got to all the pale section in the middle.


I eventually got to the last little section.


Then I had a surprise visit from Geoff and the girls who helped with the remaining pieces.


Ruby loves the sun at the back door in the afternoon when it is not actually raining. We've had so much rain over the last few weeks.


Evenings are quiet times together while I watch Clarkson's Farm on Prime.

I have started sorting scraps of fabric and will soon be at the end of a huge box of bits I was given at Baradine when I was last there. Because most of the bits are quite crushed I am taking this opportunity to try out my mini craft iron. It is quite good and will be very handy.

I have done 2-3 loads of washing left behind by the family when they left for their holiday and by Ruby as we tested out various blanket options. Luckily it can actually dry under shelter but it takes a few days.

Only one more week for Ruby to have to put up with me. I've missed a few visits to Mum and have had to give up a few other activities so that I am home for Ruby's lunch schedule. However, apart from the loneliness all is well.

No comments:

Post a Comment