My week was spent starting my BP meds (a very light dose) and wondering what they would do to me.
On Thursday Cathy came for gardening but first there were some jobs inside that needed a step stool. I had avoided these due to BP and dizziness so she was able to get on the stool and reach what I needed to do. The jams were stored on their shelves in the pantry then the study cupboard doors were cleaned of the remaining sticky spots. Then we figured out how to hang the bookcase quilt on the doors.
Now when I am on Zoom in the study I will have a decent background rather than the fading curling photos that were there.
This last weekend was our
Chorus Oz performance in the Opera House and, having looked forward to this and practised my parts, I was very concerned that I may not be able to cope with rehearsing for 2 days then performing on Sunday night. In fact I was fine. You can see me (😂😇) as a shadowy short figure in the centre of the far back row under the organ, just past the left hand corner of the screen.
I even ended the weekend by walking up the hill to Martin Place. By the time I took my BP that night before bed it was the lowest it has been in some years. I had to walk to Martin Place because the crowds at Circular Station were so thick due to Vivid. Desley had a wander after the concert and took this photo.
So for our normal gardening afternoon Geoff and I decided we could do this. He had sent me a photo and said we could tackle this garden which had been used as a dumping ground for huge pieces of sandstone, rubbish and weeds.
So Geoff, Mei and I started moving things out. Of course I left Geoff to move the huge stones and edging and Mei found all the rubbish for me.
Once we had cleared up to the corner Geoff tied up the Dragon Fruit plant and found a planter to put in the corner to protect the pvc pipe that we had exposed in the process. He was also able to lift out the metal corner post that had been set in concrete.
With some extra bags of soil mix I was able to level the garden and planted some Durban Grass runners. Mei was disappointed she was not allowed to dig in this patch any more.
It is all done now except for the huge rocks that need homes. Geoff was just too done in to carry them to the right place and has to decide what they will be used for. Some are lovely pavers but others are great lumps.
We now need some rain to start it growing and to germinate the grass seeds we sowed as well. Geoff found an open box of seeds in the garden storage.
So now I know what I can cope with. I'm not dizzy any more. Today will be an easier day and I'll have time to do more sewing.
Dear Betty, so sorry to hear you have been unwell with high BP but it is great that you have had very a good recovery with the right care. Well done on managing to perform in Chorus Oz. Think we found you in the picture. C&G😍🙏
ReplyDeleteA beautiful quilt Betty, it will make a great zoom background. Looks like a great clear out in the garden.
ReplyDeleteGreat spot for your bookcase. I’m glad you are getting back to things. You need to keep on top of your BP
ReplyDeletethe book shelf looks great behind your zoom screen........glad the BP is going well.......
ReplyDelete