The last week or so I've had a lot of visitors which has been so good. Of course Ellen comes up when she works in Sydney but on Friday I decided it was time for a lamb roast (something single people don't get often) so I invited two other singles to join me and have a sleep over (so they did not have to drive home afterwards).
Janice brought a lovely collection of Banksias which we had fun trying to arrange in water.
Then on Tuesday I hosted a birthday party for Ellen which included 10 visitors. Lots of chatter and laughter was had by all. It was so nice to see all her kids and Pete's parents but unfortunately Pete was not here as he was on Ruby duty at home.
Once Ruby is here I will need to be paranoid about food (even crumbs) being dropped on the floor as she is allergic reactions to most things entering her gut. Looking after her needs is quite intense but I have done it before but usually at her home where she knows the rules and I just go and live with her. This time the tables will be turned. Carpets will be rolled up, barriers closed and visitors instructed on the rules as well.
Meanwhile, my health issues seem to be sorting themselves out. Hooray!
I continue to visit Mum every second day with Desley alternating on the other 3 days leaving one day free of visitors. Mum is not eating much and of course is not happy. I entertain her with a playlist of hymns from Songs of Praise which she seems to love.
Interspersed with all this entertaining was a massage, the plumber, the termite inspector, the doctor, a mammogram and breakfast at mine with friends. I visited Elaine and also went to Geoff's to organise some of his deck. Our next job there might be replacing some rotting boards.
I knew I'd had a busy week.





All the usual tests we have to do take time. Visitors overnight seem to be enjoyed. Planning is happening
ReplyDelete