Watching Nature

Wednesday, 25 February 2026

Chaos continues

 My rose garden is doing wonderfully and the naked ladies have come and gone. The mini basil has also finished for the season.


Cathy and I worked really hard last week digging out banana roots and building a chook barrier so I could let them in to continue the digging for us.


We had an horrendous storm on Sunday after Ivy and I had been to see Hansel and Gretel at the Opera House. The front gutter overflowed and wet all the inside of the porch. The carpet at the front door was also damp.


Today the gutter man is coming to clean it all out before the next lot of rain, I hope.

Mum is still in hospital. She had a fall on Sunday so was sent for xrays. All clear but she has covid! I went to visit Mum yesterday morning (full PPE) and basically just waved from the door. I left quickly and did a bit of shopping at Bondi Junction before walking down to Desley's. She has now got Mum a bed at the Bronte nursing home which will suit us all a lot better. She can stay there for recovery and respite until she is well enough to go home. So we headed up to Mum's unit and started sorting and tidying. After a few hours we walked back to Desley's for a cuppa and she did a RAT test which was negative but she was feeling weary. She asked her husband to buy more Covid tests when he went shopping. Meanwhile I went back up to Mum's and continued making a mess. Unfortunately we can't fill all their bins as we need to leave space for the other residents.

At about 5pm Desley sent through a photo of the second RAT which was positive. At that stage I just finished off what I was doing and decided to go home instead of staying over. I masked up and got home at about 6:30. Meanwhile, Desley cancelled the extra visit to the Bronte home with me today. If I am OK today I might drive over to Mum's unit and collect a lot of the rubbish for my bins because the place looks a mess. I would not need to meet anyone to do so and if I mask up others won't stop to talk to me. Desley certainly went downhill very quickly with no symptoms at lunch time when I got there.

So life now is one of waiting in isolation to see if I get it as well. 


This morning I demolished my meadow as it was beginning to look like a bed of weeds. I expected it to last another month but I had time in my isolation this morning and it is not raining.


Now it just needs a good rain, a bit of levelling and a light mow.

So now it is just a waiting game which has given me time to update my blog.

3 comments:

  1. Oh I hope you do not get covid. Keep up your fluids and enjoy a rest day

    ReplyDelete
  2. An eventful time for you all, Betty! Fingers crossed you miss out on COVID and can settle your mother into the nursing home for R&R without further issues.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chaos is a good description of your life at present. I do hope you avoid COVID. I wish you well in getting your Mums unit sorted.

    ReplyDelete