Back in May it all started and the change is amazing.
![]() |
| before - May |
![]() |
| after - September |
I have planted meadow seeds and grass runners in the little shape on the right. Hopefully the flowers will actually appear and protect the runners over summer so that it can all be mown eventually and provide us with a lovely shady picnic spot.
The view from the back of the house is great and now means I can see the chooks from inside.
A quick day trip to Underhill with some stuff that was to go down proved rather disappointing last Saturday as the drive was so wet I could not drive in. We just left the few things down where the car could get to and then reversed out.
I'd say it was about 100 m of bog.
The shed project has allowed me to downsize my junk a little so I guess the next step is the remaining carport and the garage between a few days of weeding and other maintenance. Then I can have my bees back.
Now that I can entertain in my yard my first visitor will be Ponyo who will be staying with me for about 3 weeks. If you'd like to join her or even just visit me to have a look just let me know.








Wow, what a difference. That is looking good, I hope your wild flower meadow takes off.
ReplyDeleteThat is quite some transformation. It has really opened up the yard. A bit disappointing about getting into Underhill, but your orchard will be loving it.
ReplyDelete