Watching Nature

Wednesday, 10 September 2025

Demolition Day

 On Thursday last week the builder rang to say he could send Berto and Allan to demolish the old carport on Monday this week. After a very busy day I was able to sort all the contents of the carport so it was ready.


The first thing that needed to be removed was the beehive. Unfortunately they can only be moved either 50cm per day or 5km. Geoff came and has taken them for a holiday at his garden for a few weeks until I have a spot ready for them.


I put two of the old cupboards in the new shed. They still seemed quite sturdy and with a few screws they were even better.


I sorted all the stuff and things I wanted to keep are now stored in the main carport and will be removed as I find places for them.


That meant the structure to be demolished was only left with things I wanted removed by the builders.


Then all the grunt work started on Monday.



There were 3 layers of old carpet used to cover the dirt floor. They also went into the truck.


The long logs at the back that held the spare tiles were also removed and the tiles are now behind the new shed just sitting on some bricks. All the timbers were termite infested so it was time they went.


After the space was cleared Berto and Allen also inserted a doggy door near the back door so that all my doggy sitting dogs will have a way out into the back yard without having to ask.


We were able to use lots of old timber from the garage. Eventually I will get around to painting it (or not!).

Now the rain is washing all the new garden area and I'll be able to work with Cathy to create a new space. Updates to follow.

1 comment:

  1. A very productive time. I bet it opens the yard up.

    ReplyDelete