Watching Nature

Tuesday, 3 September 2024

Dinosaurs and other Saurs (8)

 Sunday 1 September 2024

We three coffee crew were up early again. I'm finding writing up the journal quite pleasant in the cooler, quiet before the others stir.

Dianne and I were driven to town by Linda first to drop off our bags at the North Gregory then to meet the Red Dirt Tours bus for our trip out to Lark Quarry Dinosaur footprints.

It was a really hot day (39C) but we did see a lot on the way there and back and the bus was air conditioned.












Once we got back to the North Gregory we were greeted with a warm welcome by the staff including Dianne's "neice" Irene Elliott. It turns out that Judy (nee Bennett) has a sister Dianne with the same name as my travel buddy Dianne.

We filled the afternoon with sorting and packing ready to wash tomorrow and return to Townsville on Tuesday and followed that with a nanna nap.

We met a few of the others for dinner at 7pm and had a great time just chatting together with clean clothes and no mud.


Monday 2 September 2024

Up to a lazy start today. Dianne went to the museum labs to volunteer up there for the day while I did the washing (all dry by lunch time). I even washed my shoes as I know they would not let me back into NSW with Qld dirt.

At 11am I met Linda at the Visitor Centre for brunch and was pleased to also meet her husband Peter. 

After lunch Linda took me back to the Corfield and Fitzmaurice shop where local crafts are sold and a percentage donated to local activities. I might even go back there tomorrow morning to have a much closer look at what is available. I did buy Dianne a large photo of the Lark Quarry footprints because it was much clearer than the ones we were able to get.

I had my lunch in my room and spent the afternoon updating my blog and keeping my feet up to try and take down the ankle swelling that appeared yesterday.

Dianne arrived home soon after 5pm and we enjoyed an early dinner and even shared dessert as well. 

I had trouble sleeping and really wanted needed a massage. By 1am it dawned on me that I had my fisiocreme with me so slathered it on my legs and within minutes I was much more comfortable and slept well for the rest of the night.


No comments:

Post a Comment