Monday 19 August 2024
I slept like a log from about 8pm to 5am and even then went back to sleep until 6:30.
After our meuslie and banana breakfast we left the motel and headed to Mitre 10 to buy more glue for Dianne's boots. Then back to town to look into some of the fascinating old buildings. Unfortunately the museum was not open but the old Drapers arcade was, now KMart, where I bought a new summer frock. Now I have something to wear to dinner after hot days of digging and sight seeing.
We enjoyed morning tea at the Stock Exchange Arcade then headed on our way towards Hughenden.
We stopped to stretch at the high pass at the White Mountains National Park. The view was quite spectacular. This came at a most opportune time as we'd been stuck behind a road train for some time (3 bogies). Later we passed the Kennedy Energy Park with its solar fields and slow moving wind turbines.
On again and into Hughenden to visit the Discovery Centre full of great displays of locally relevant things like farming, energy production, fossils and of course dinosaurs, especially the Muttaburrasaurus found nearby.
Lunch was at the bakery but it was not very good. Hopefully dinner at the pub tonight will be better.
We found the Royal Hotel where Dianne had booked a room for the night and found that it was an actual motel room. We settled in and enjoyed the air con while considering our next moves.
Then we drove over the Flinders River to a park along the river with a range of sculptures and lots of interesting trees.
Dinner at the hotel dining room was excellent. I enjoyed a "light meal" - chicken schnitzel, salad (beautifully fresh and no rocket) and chips (not too many), with a mushroom gravy.
Back in the room we shared my special gin chocolate I had been given just before I left home. Yum!














No comments:
Post a Comment