Every second Monday I put aside time for 'jam making' which actually means do something with harvest or frozen produce.
Today I thought I had nothing to do but then looked out the window and knew it was to be an extremely hot day (39C) and remembered all the mint that was growing so lusciously. I immediately went out and picked the lot before it all wilted and now have frozen bags of beautiful leaves, stalks boiled in brown vinegar then strained to make frozen mint vinegar. The mint vinegar will be used to boil up scrappy apples if we get any so I can make mint jelly.
Some weeks ago Cathy and I harvested a banana bunch. They ripened very quickly and I was able to fill a drier to make dried bananas and also had some to eat as well as the ones I gave to family and friends.



No comments:
Post a Comment