Watching Nature

Thursday, 26 January 2023

Jig Saw fun

 Yesterday I completed my latest jig-saw - a 3D puzzle that arrived as a flat pack compost tumbler. It was fairly easy to construct and the only part I had difficulty with was attaching the end pieces. My body weight was not enough to click the locks in place. I ended up standing it on its ends and carefully dropping each edge on a carpeted hard surface. Bingo! It worked so I did not have to wait for a heavier visitor.


It is really easy to use and I've transferred the newest of my old compost bins to it. I am hoping this means the compost takes much less than a year to decompose. The previous system required me to stir it regularly but I am too short and not strong enough to actually do that. With a tumbler (this one is geared and turns really smoothly) I can give it a turn as I put the chooks away each night.

After all that shovelling to transfer the compost I now have incredibly sore back muscles. I think they'll need medication to get me moving again. I'm also having a massage on Monday which was  a wise idea when I did not think I'd need it.

I started a new jigsaw last week and was finished in less than a week.



Thanks Ellen for my three Christmas jigsaws. All done now


No comments:

Post a Comment