Since my return from my train trip I have done a lot of bits and pieces in what I call my 'me time'.
I now have all the blocks for my new quilt batted and backed and the layout done. Now there is just a lot of quilting to do on each block. Geoff has made me a circle marking ruler 15" long so that I can add a few quilted circles to some of the blocks.
I've been working on my jigsaw puzzle with friends and family as they come or just on my own when I am waiting for the microwave or other bits of time during the day. It is 1500 pieces and is really difficult because although the picture is fairly simple the textures mean all the pieces look the same. The puzzle does not actually fit on my board. It overlaps at the top by 3 rows. This means I can't finish the top but that is not worrying me much. I think I might just skip the sky anyway, something I very rarely do in a puzzle.
I've become hooked on Sedecordle (sedecordle.com) which is a word puzzle game very like Wordle but much more complex. I'm now consistently getting scores of 1-2 and even got a 3 (the best I've done) the other day.
I've had a few opportunities to have sleepovers with the girls and help Jen and Geoff with sorting things at theirs. I just loved Heather's latest 'toy shop' where she lined up a whole lot of tiny toy animals on blocks to display them.
One visit to friends allowed me to see where my fabric had been used to create the perfect cushion for this chair. One less fabric in my stash and one more beautiful creation.
My next projects will be returning to my photo scanning and updating a few travel scrapbooks from back in the late 'naughties'. One issue is that I need to leave them out on the table upstairs and forego my quilting mess. I also need to buy some glue. I think a visit to Officeworks is in order.
No comments:
Post a Comment