Watching Nature

Tuesday, 7 December 2021

In just one week

 Life is getting very busy with Christmas looming. In just the last week I've spent 2 days with Geoff and family digging out and levelling their back yard. This meant moving trampoline and chook shed and a whole lot of soil. That in itself was exhausting.

Then there was a day spent at church with friends making angel wings for a prop that Ken (our minister) really needed. 


Then another day at church to sort the music library. I had just left off in the middle of doing so when lockdown started and could not even remember where I was up to. During lockdown I had inherited another filing cabinet so was able to expand all the bulging drawers. Slowly the space becomes more usable for both the library and a robing room for the choir. It is definitely not a physical distancing space when we are all robing up!

Heather helped me decorate my tiny Christmas tree. We spent time chatting about all the decorations and sharing the family history and traditions of many of them.


Yesterday Cathy and Rob came to mow the lawn. We've had so much rain which both stopped the mowing for 3 weeks and helped the grass to grow.


It is still quite spongy and deep when you walk on it as it is mown quite high. The chooks just loved the mountain of clippings. If it does not rain this afternoon I will spread them in the chook shed as bedding.


Yesterday I visited the hand therapist and have a new regime of silicon dressings 24/7 and a tiny massager to use on the hard lumps. But I think the thing that is needed is time.



No comments:

Post a Comment