Watching Nature

Monday, 11 October 2021

Strawberries at last

 Years ago I bought some 3-way PVC joiners for cages over my veggie gardens. I then gave them to Geoff to try and then he gave them back to me. So last week I found my netting and made up some cages from what I had around the place and lo and behold I now am getting strawberries that are ripe enough to eat. They are usually stolen by birds or possums long before they are ripe enough for me.




With black netting they don't even look too bad!

I then used my last bit of netting to cover the hanging posts at the back door. I am even getting strawberries in those. 


When I get a tall person I am going to re-attach the ones over the hanging baskets to make it easier for me to access the strawberries but still keep the birds out.

This morning I have harvested 6 ripe strawberries. That is more than I got all last year so I am now going to buy the necessary fittings to cover all my veggie beds. They are so easy to put together and dismantle I'll be able to store them when I don't need them. 


No comments:

Post a Comment