Yesterday Geoff and family came and he spent some hours setting up my new TV.
This was not a simple job because we took the opportunity to sort out the cupboard of cables that Surrey had set up with Tape-CD copier, radio tuner, amplifier, and CD player as well as speaker cables throughout the house and the TV and DVD player. There was a lot of dusting and vacuuming to be done as we moved things.
Geoff had subsequently added a switch and hard drive and other stuff. It was a mess!!
We have now removed all the antiquated gadgets and cables I don't need and I understand all the bits that are left. We drilled a few more holes for various cables and I was able to watch my new TV last night.
I can actually read words on the screen and subtitles. I can even see the wrinkles and hairs on faces! I don't even have to stand up and walk to the TV to read what it is trying to tell me. Now all I need is a small, long coffee table to put it on to raise it up a bit. The little table I made is adequate but could be higher.
The two old gadgets on the cupboard are going to a new home or will be sent to electronic waste collection.

No comments:
Post a Comment