Today was my first day with my Bubble Buddy Stephanie who is one of the patchwork ladies. She lives just less than 5km away from me so is allowed to visit and can be my only visitor during lockdown. We hope to repeat the visits often.
Stephanie arrived before 9am to join my Live Zoom Pilates session with our local teacher then we spent the rest of the day doing patchwork and finished with a Zoom session with our patchwork group of ladies. Lots of lively chatter is such a great thing at the moment.
Last night I opened the jig-saw puzzle that Ellen gave me as a lockdown activity and I had to laugh. It is 1000 pieces of a picture of toilet paper. Other pictures available are face-masks, wine bottles and cleaning equipment.
I am enjoying sitting with Ponyo in the back room for an hour or so in the evening while I wait for dinner time to come around. I am really sick of TV as there is so little on at the moment. I have two real books (not e-books) to read and am half way through the first one in just over a week.
The other things that punctuate my week are the Zoom Room Crooners (see clickable link on the right) three times a week, Zoom Happy Hour with my friends from church, and I can still Zoom in to church on Sundays. Then I finish my week with a Family Dinner over Zoom on Sunday night.
My shopping is done online through home deliveries from my local IGA and fruit and veg from Sydney Fresh. Then I just need to go down to the corner garage for milk each week and the local butcher for meat and a few other things he carries every month or so.
Of course there is gardening that always keeps me busy too. And because my cleaners are not allowed to come at the moment I have even been know to do a spot of cleaning when something bugs me.
It all means that isolation is not such a problem this year as it was during lockdown last year.



No comments:
Post a Comment