Watching Nature

Wednesday, 17 February 2021

A very busy day

Today has been very busy and now I feel like a nanna nap.

My morning was spent cooking - 

  • vegetable soup to freeze as 7 meals (I had left over vegetables)
  • a batch of lemon butter (I had excess eggs and already had frozen lemon juice and rind ready)
  • a rice pudding (I had long life milk about to go out of date)
  • a huge batch of meuslie to last the next month or so
  • and I froze my tomato harvest.
For a bit of R&R this afternoon I have now finished my Morewood Mystery Quilt top. I did not like the layout we were supposed to do so I changed it and luckily decided that before I put the second lot of blocks together so they are a bit different too.


In doing so I have a few blocks left over which I will put on the back but I am also going to use the pieces on the LHS of this picture to fill the very large sections of calico in the quilt top. I'll experiment a bit with that before I finish it.

No comments:

Post a Comment