Watching Nature

Saturday, 5 December 2020

Singing is on again!

 For the first time since March we are allowed to sing again! This of course means that I am now flat out practising and rearranging diary on top of what I had planned. There is girl minding and next week Ponyo minding for a few weeks and of course lots of hampers to make and presents to wrap.

However, I am always kept on track by my Christmas Holiday Calendar with all its reminders about things that need to be done and activities that might be fun to do.


Cathy helped me bag my grapes so I really hope we get some this year and the birds and bees don't beat me to them.


And there was a delightful Christening for Alby and Frankie on an appallingly hot Sunday last week. 


An overnight visit to the block with Kathryn helped me decide that the apricots are too few to warrant a trip down before Christmas and the 'blackberries' will be finished by then anyway but are huge and soft this year.


Nathan and Karita also came with Acacia and of course Geoff and family came for a day trip.



A week ago I set up a 'recording studio' in my dining room to record sound and video for my submission to the ABC Classic Choir. The performance will premier on 15 December I am told.

What a lot of fun the recording was but after learning a lot about my voice and 15 takes of the whole piece I was able to give myself a Pass and submit. It will be part of a very large choir so it should be OK.

No comments:

Post a Comment