Watching Nature

Wednesday, 16 December 2020

More blocks done

 I've done eight more blocks and am still loving the outcomes of most. I can now see in my mind a use for some of my old buttons as little 'bunches of flowers' in corners occasionally after the blocks are put together.




The best thing about doing these blocks is that I do them in front of TV or whilst listening to my practice music. I have now added a third background fabric (top two photos here) which is a lovely piece of linen Pernilla brought out from Sweden for me and at the time we discussed this project.

So far, apart from the people from whom I have inherited some of the pieces (Grandma, Granny, Mum), the people who have given me pieces are Shirley (from her Mum's collection), Cathy, Pernilla and Karen. I'm having a great time remembering these people as I sew and will always have them close as I sleep under this quilt in winter.





No comments:

Post a Comment