It has taken me just over 2 hours this morning to set up the waterer then move the feeder into the new shed. I enticed a few of the chooks in with food sprinkled on the ground but then it was like herding cats - a few would go in then they escaped while I was trying to get the strays in. Eventually I got 5 hens and a rooster in with only one stray which I was able to corner and catch. She was most indignant about the whole process.
The chooks are now all in and will be left in until next Sunday so they learn where their new home is.
Then I took a few minutes to plant instant garden to soften the corners and voila!
I'm very glad we left that squeeze space between the shed and the back fence as I really needed it when I was setting up the waterer.



No comments:
Post a Comment