Of course Mum's memorial service meant a gathering of family and friends as well as past pupils of hers from St Catherine's School. It was great to have so much support at this time.
Meanwhile I've had other visitors at home too. These beautiful Rainbow Lorikeets love the Grevillea outside my back door.
Cousin Garry and wife Helen came down from Brisbane and stayed with me for a few days and Ellen stayed here as well. Of course Geoff and family called in and brought dinner for us all after the memorial service.
A few of the lovely people from St Stephens held a festive Christmas in July lunch at the Double Bay Yacht Club.
Another visitor was Mei who came to stay while Geoff and Jen and the girls went to Melbourne for a wedding. When we went out into the yard I made sure Mei's lead was on, not for me to hold but for me to be able to step on it and reel her in when I needed to. She is so fast that I am unable to catch her or stop her slipping through the chook yard gate when I go in.
She is also an inside dog and had a lovely warm bed...
And a cage to sleep in at night to stop her wandering around...
One outing was to my dentist who invited me to be part of a photo shoot she was having done. That was all a bit of fun too.
And yesterday I was back at Geoff's to help in the garden. This time it was rock bashing and splitting to make them small enough to carry down to the gabions he is building his retaining walls out of.
While I was there I looked down to the chook yard and spied a kookaburra eyeing off something in the old chook shed. It is lovely to see the birds and other wildlife from the back deck.
In all it has been a very busy few weeks and, of course, there is more to come. However, not much gardening or cleaning has been done at mine because Cathy is away enjoying warmer climes.
You have been busy. I do love the dog bed. She is curled up nice and tight
ReplyDeleteYou have had a busy time of it. Cleaning can wait. It will still be there.
ReplyDelete