Watching Nature

Monday, 29 January 2024

Home again!

 Yesterday Ponyo went to her new home with the family and I arrived home to my house after dinner at Ellen's quite late. So it was not until after 4am, when I woke early, that I started removing all the patchwork pieces of carpet and started to clean up all the sand that ended up underneath them. I've really no idea how it all gets there. By the time Cathy arrived to clean as per normal I had done some bits and pieces. We both worked like Trojans, Cathy doing her normal clean and then helping where I had a two person job, and me cleaning mats and floors in the newly renovated areas.

I have lived in chaos since the end of June sorting stuff, culling and getting ready for my kitchen reno then family staying while they were between houses and finally today having the house to sort again.




I have ordered two new rugs online and expect those to arrive this week.

My next priority is to put the window film on the kitchen windows so that I can have a bit more privacy and less direct sunlight. My kitchen window looks out on a brick wall and neighbour's driveway.


I hope to do that job on Thursday when Cathy will be here again. We practised by putting some mirror film on one of the upstairs windows and it is so easy to do. We are using a static frosted window film in the kitchen.

Wish us luck with the Thursday venture, it has been a long time in the making.


1 comment:

  1. nice to be in your own space on your own..........its been a long time with the renos and extras in the house............

    ReplyDelete