Watching Nature

Friday, 3 June 2022

Ahh I can see again!

 Yesterday I had the cataract in my left eye removed. A very quick procedure to insert a new lens and the only side effect was hunger from having to miss breakfast. Elaine came to collect me and stay with me and we were home by 10:30am!

Lots of TV watching and chatting for the afternoon and evening and learning to put drops in my eye (3 different sorts, 4x per day for some weeks). I have now mastered that.

I came home with a clear patch over the operated eye which meant I could not put my glasses on so I could not really read or see anything clearly as I have never used my left eye for much at all.


This morning I had to return to the surgeon for a check up and he is quite pleased with the result. After visiting him and being allowed to remove the patch Elaine took me to the optometrist to have the left lens in my glasses removed so that my new lens in my eye does not fight with the old lens.


Now I have a transition lens on one side only which will look a bit odd for a while but I can always wear fitovers if I need sun protection.

Ha ha - now when my mask fogs up my glasses it only affects one eye!

My right eye will be done in early July then 4 weeks after that I'll be able to get new glasses and be able to drive legally. So until August I won't be out and about much. I also don't want to get sick and have to put off the second operation even longer so am actively exercising a Covid Avoidance Regime until all is done.

A huge thank you to Elaine who is my support through all this. She has now gone home to get back to her normal active life.


1 comment: