Elaine and I drove down Friday morning and arrived to two of the plum trees ready to harvest.
The seedling plums were numerous, small and a beautiful maroon colour. I've now made a lovely plum jam from these.
The d'Argen plums are delicious and we've all taken home some of these for eating.
Some of the grasses are as "high as an elephant's eye". So lovely!
This little Jacky Lizard was enjoying the warmth of the concrete in the sun.
In the evening Geoff, Jen and the girls arrived with Ponyo and we all enjoyed dinner together.
The next day we found this beautiful Jewel Spider and had a really good look at it.
We also found some beetles on the acacia seedlings we spent the morning digging out in the clearing.
Elaine spent a lot of our time there burning off prunings and weeds to try and reduce the fire hazard.
The yabby nets were set and from one net there was a great haul.
One was huge but we decided to return it to the dam and allow it to produce more young ones for us.
This was the catch before Elaine and I returned to Sydney. I'm not sure if more were caught before feast time for dinner.
Our Cox's Orange Pippin harvest was small. These are the eating ones but I also brought home about 10 small gnarly ones to include in the jam to add pectin.
We were all very pleased with our visit and Geoff has now started thinking about renewing our solar lighting and power system so we have enough battery to allow for light and fridge power during our visits.
No comments:
Post a Comment