I hope my new strawberry patch system continues to work. I usually get a few strawberries for on my breakfast. However, I did not collect yesterday and today I've been blessed with abundance.
I have a new cover design on the bed in which I have planted only strawberries to make management easier. The net is to exclude birds, mostly Indian Mynas. I am also using snail/slug bait as it is in an area where the dog is fenced out and the birds can't get the baits either.
Cathy and I trimmed the net so it does not dangle low for the mower to catch and we threaded through some chain I had in the garage. This holds down the net but also allows me to raise it so I can pick the strawberries.
I really hope it continues to work. Meanwhile, I am enjoying the strawberries and might even have to zap them and freeze them if I get more than a day's worth.
No comments:
Post a Comment