Watching Nature

Thursday, 9 September 2021

Better to look at than toilet paper

 I am just loving my current quilt project. It is another doily quilt but this time in blue and white (or it might be cream). This has been another lockdown project but I did have some ideas about it before lockdown started.


It is fun to create each block with absolutely no preconceived ideas or design ideas. They just happen. This one started because I had 6 beautiful damask serviettes and no purpose for them and lots of doilies left even after my previous doily quilt. I've used other serviettes as background and even backing sometimes. And I've used scrap polar fleece for most of the wadding.

As a lot of it is hand sewing I like to do it in front of TV.

My green/cream one is on my bed and I absolutely love it. I smile every time I walk past it.

I don't really want the blue one so maybe there is someone out there who would like a bit of blue and white lacy stuff for a bed?


1 comment:

  1. Sounds amazing, Betty. My bedroom walls are blue so I'd love it. Would you like money for it?

    ReplyDelete