Tuesday 9 March 2021
Today we had a bit of free time to regroup, wash and wander.
Before our morning activity Kerrie and I did our washing and had it hanging in the sun before our mid morning activity. Our morning jaunt was to Cyclorama which was just over the road again and a bus was ordered. However, Kerrie and I walked across (about a 1 minute walk). From reading about Cyclorama I thought it would be a bit ho-hum but was pleasantly surprised by the excellent art work and very effective diorama and display of the Bounty saga.
The attached gallery also had a wide variety of jewellery, artwork and curios not seen in the tourist shops in town. Two things we bought for our tour leader Judy were these... the first of Ball Bay and the second the White Terns we saw on our walk down to Ball Bay.
Unfortunately the attached cafe was not open for Devonshire tea they advertised which I did not need anyway because we have been far too well fed.
Kerrie and I stayed home for the afternoon sorting our now dry washing and diaries and chatting to others.
In the evening we were picked up in the bus again and taken to Orn Da Cliff for the Island Fish Fry. The fish was superb - lightly battered and very fresh. Dessert was coconut pie, another delicious local dish.
Speckled Park cattle (a Canadian breed) at Orn Da Cliff.
Wednesday 10 March 2021
Before breakfast Kerrie and I joined the bush walk group and were taken to the centre of the National Park by bus. Kerrie opted for the long walk and I did the shorter walk thinking I'd have more time to learn a bit about the natural history of the Island. But alas, our guide from the bus knew very little about the plants and birds that were visible. The walk had some stunning views back down towards Phillip Island.
After lunch back at the resort we were taken on a bus tour of the convict ruins at Kingston. Every now and then we were taken off the bus and shown archaeological remnants of life in the convict era (the second settlement of the island). Our driver was most knowledgeable and had done a lot of detailed research into the era.
Back home and after a long cold drink we were off again, this time for the Island Progressive Dinner. Our entrée was at the home of Terry and Duncan, with a fabulous view over Phillip Island.
Our main course was at Sam and Tracey's but by this time darkness had fallen.




























No comments:
Post a Comment